Steve Gadd Interview über Eric Live & Studio

Aktuelles und Vergangenes aus seinem Leben und seiner Musik
Antworten
EricsBadge

Steve Gadd Interview über Eric Live & Studio

Beitrag von EricsBadge »

Liegt schon eine Weile zurück, aber sehr interessant zu lesen. Ich hoffe es wurde nicht schon mal irgendwo gepostet:

“PILGRIM,” with ERIC CLAPTON (PILGRIM, 1998): Eric Clapton’s first album of original material since 1989′s Journeyman found the guitarist delving into R&B grooves, deeply emotional themes and the previously unexplored upper register of his voice — all just ahead of Gadd’s driving rhythms. The drummer has toured with Clapton off and on since 1994, including a lengthy stretch from 1997-2004. In all, he’s been part of four Clapton studio projects as well as the guitarist’s 2000 collaboration with B.B. King, Riding with the King — and also appeared with Clapton during a legendary 11-night stand at the Royal Albert Hall in 2009.

STEVE GADD: I try to be supportive of where he seems to be going when he’s soloing, in dynamic terms. Some nights, he’s really going for it, and you’ve got to be able to stay with him and be supportive the whole way. Other nights, it might not go as long — depending on how tired he is, how much traveling we’ve been doing, and just how he feels. What kind of feedback from the audience, it all plays a part in the way we are going to play that night. He’s an amazing guy. It’s not an accident that he’s as successful as he is. He plays 100 percent, 110 percent. His singing is unbelievable. He’s constantly listening to different things, and trying different things, and bringing different people in and out of the band. He’s constantly growing. He’s a pretty amazing person. He brings different drummers in at different times. I have been doing it now, on and off, for over 10 years — and I enjoy it — but he’s brought different people in, and that’s good for him. He gets to feel it a little bit differently. I think that’s what keeps him going.

Außerdem ein weiterer US Review mit einer ziemlich guten Analyse:

http://somethingelsereviews.com/2013/03 ... sock-2013/
Antworten