Massenbildungshypnose über YouTube - Wir haben ihn verloren...

Aktuelles und Vergangenes aus seinem Leben und seiner Musik
frank

Re: Massenbildungshypnose über YouTube - Wir haben ihn verloren...

Beitrag von frank »

Petra, da sind wir ausnahmsweise einer Meinung. ;)

LG
Frank
smile07ec

Beitrag von smile07ec »

frank hat geschrieben: Mi 16. Feb 2022, 21:31 Petra, da sind wir ausnahmsweise einer Meinung. ;)

LG
Frank
Dass ich das noch erleben darf :roll:
Ich denke, ich muss nach vorn gehen - wo ich noch niemals gewesen bin. Anstatt zurück, wo ich war. Winnie, The Pooh
EricsBadge

Beitrag von EricsBadge »

In einem aktuellen Interview relativiert Eric seine bisherige Meinung:

In part two of his recent interview with The Real Music Observer on the outlet’s YouTube page, three-time Hall of Fame guitarist
Eric Clapton softened his stance on COVID-19 restrictions and the vaccine.

“I’m making a rod for my own back by talking about the thing and the things, but one thing about the thing I would like to make clear—
because I have to keep reestablishing it—is I’m neither anti or pro,” Clapton said in the interview.

“I’m freedom of choice, really, and respect for other people, and kindness, and the things that used to motivate, or were things to aspire to,” Clapton added. “Aspirations towards goodness. And I’m also quite, in an abstract way, religion—I believe in God and I think there’s a purpose.
And this seems to be my purpose for the moment.”

Clapton also said his critics on the matter were “monsters.”

“They know who they are and they like being monsters,” he said. “They’re always going to be after people who are looking for truth or seeking something, a way forward. I’m not that concerned with being misunderstood…
You can make decisions about what you’re going to do or say without being overly concerned about the repercussions.
When the repercussions happen, that’s when maybe I will learn my lesson about, well you shouldn’t have said that, or you should have said this.”

Along with making his position clear, Clapton discussed new material on the way.
He says he has a new song that’s coming soon and it is “in the same bag” as one of his latest releases, the anti-lockdown “Heart of a Child.”

Now, speaking in a new interview with The Real Music Observer, Clapton has explained his decision to voice his opinions on the vaccine
and lockdown through song, as well as the backlash he received NME reports

Discussing how ‘Stand And Deliver’ and ‘This Has Gotta Stop’ came about, Clapton said: “My career had almost gone anyway.
At the point where I spoke up, it had been almost 18 months since I had kind of been forcibly retired. And I joined forces with Van.

I got the tip that Van was standing up to the measures. And I thought, ‘Why isn’t anybody else doing this?’
And we go back; I’ve known him since we were kids. And I contacted him. I said, ‘What do you think? What’s going on?’
And he said, ‘I’m just objecting, really. But it seems like we’re not even allowed to do that. And nobody else is doing it.’
And I said, ‘You’re kidding. Nobody else?’ And he said, ‘Nobody else.’ And I said, ‘All, I’m with you. Is there anything I can do to help?
Have you got any songs?’ And of course, it was a silly, stupid question ’cause he writes two songs a day or something like that.”
He continued: “And he sent me ‘Stand And Deliver’, which he had already… I didn’t know he had already recorded it.
So I thought, ‘Oh, man. I’m getting an unreleased Van Morrison song.’ I was over the moon anyway.
And it was during the process of talking about that to another musician, and then getting me excited, and then sharing that news,
and I found that nobody wanted to hear that. And I was kind of mystified because I seemed to be the only person that thought
that was an exciting or even appropriate idea with what was going on.
myfatherseye

Beitrag von myfatherseye »

Na ja, so richtig überzeugend klingt das nicht.
Malcom Bruce hat auch eine Meinung dazu:
Eric is a wonderful guitarist and musician but has a particular perspective borne from his personal preference and influences in the world of sound. Ultimately my Dad had to follow his own path and I think things turned out for the best all things considered. There is always going to be that tension between what is deemed acceptable within the ‘commercial’ idiomatic forms versus true creative expression. We all play a game balancing those elements. And at different times historically there is an ebb and flow within that dynamic. We live in interesting times, right now there is a move toward conformity within certain bounds, and that includes cultural and sociological expression not limited to music. Culture can have either a liberating affect or a conforming one. We all better be very careful to remain present and conscious of those implications lest we are conditioned to align with belief systems that in the cold light of day are plainly distortions of truth. We are faced with more and more systems of thought control under the guise of acceptability. And that flies in the face of authentic creativity in the arts.
Very British!
frank

Beitrag von frank »

Versteh nicht, was daran very british sein soll…

Er springt EC zur Seite. Oder was glaubst Du, was er damit meint:

we are conditioned to align with belief systems that in the cold light of day are plainly distortions of truth

We are faced with more and more systems of thought control under the guise of acceptability.

LG
Frank
Louisblues

Beitrag von Louisblues »

Tja Frank, du lieferst hier ein Bilderbuch Beispiel, wie Querdenken funktioniert. Man reißt einen Satz, oder wie du es hier machst, einen Halbsatz aus dem Zusammenhang und man hat das, was ins eigene verzerrte Bild passt. Der komplette Satz aus dem Zitat lautet: „We all better be very careful to remain present and conscious of those implications lest we are conditioned to align with belief systems that in the cold light of day are plainly distortions of truth.”
Ich liefere einfach Mal die Übersetzung des gesamten letzten Teils des Zitats, beginnend mit dem obigen Satz: “Wir alle sollten besser sehr vorsichtig sein, präsent zu bleiben und uns dieser Implikationen bewusst zu sein, damit wir nicht darauf konditioniert werden, uns mit Glaubenssystemen in Einklang zu bringen, die im kalten Licht des Tages eindeutig Verzerrungen der Wahrheit sind. Wir sind mit immer mehr Systemen der Gedankenkontrolle unter dem Deckmantel der Akzeptanz konfrontiert. Und das widerspricht der authentischen Kreativität in der Kunst.“

Und wenn ich das ganze Zitat richtig verstehe, geht Malcolm Bruce mit ECs künstlerischer Sicht der Dinge insgesamt ziemlich hart ins Gericht, weshalb sein Vater auch schon früh eigene Wege ging. Ob das wiederum so stimmt? Darüber kann man sicherlich diskutieren. Aber Malcolm Bruce ist sicherlich nicht Erics Fürsprecher.

Ich finde es schon einigermaßen perfide, ausgerechnet Malcolm Bruce Einlassung als Unterstützung für Erics Querdenker Theorien zu verdrehen :roll:

Gruß
Louisblues
"I'm too old for this shit" (Leathal Weapon)
myfatherseye

Beitrag von myfatherseye »

Ludwig, du sprichst mir aus der Seele!
… und mit ‚very british‘ meinte ich, man muss einen Text manchmal mehrfach und ohne Vorurteile lesen, damit man den Sinn dahinter versteht. Das ist nicht jedem gegeben.
Louisblues

Beitrag von Louisblues »

Hi mythathereye,
myfatherseye hat geschrieben:… und mit ‚very british‘ meinte ich, man muss einen Text manchmal mehrfach und ohne Vorurteile lesen, damit man den Sinn dahinter versteht.
Das ist natürlich richtig. Vor allem, wenn man nicht so geübt ist im Lesen englischer Texte ;)
Ich gestehe auch jedem zu, einen Text in der Fremdsprache, zumal dieser auch noch recht komplex von Wortwahl und Satzbau ist, falsch zu interpretieren.
Wenn man allerdings einen ganzen Satzteil weglässt und damit die Aussage des Autors ins glatte Gegenteil verkehrt, dann riecht das m.E. nach purer Absicht und ist damit kein Kavaliersdelikt. Eine weitere Bewertung erspare ich mir.

Gruß
Louisblues
"I'm too old for this shit" (Leathal Weapon)
Antworten